JOB DESCRIPTION FOR FIELD PROGRAM COORDINATOR
|Designation||Field Project Coordinator|
|Employment Type||Renewable Fixed Contract|
|Duration||Minimum 1 year|
|Report To||Project Manager|
|Functional Reportee||Vidya Jyoti Team|
Gramonnati Trust is a not-for-profit social enterprise that aims to support rural transformation through technology, skills, innovation and entrepreneurship. The NGO is based in Pondicherry and plans to operate across the country in coming years.
Vidya Jyoti, is a program of Gramonnati Trust which essentially aims to transform rural education by bringing 21st century technology, self learning platforms, latest knowledge and resources, innovative teaching methods and education related trainings into schools in rural and remote schools with the help of many partner organisations. Through the program, our objective is to facilitate the schools, especially teachers and students to use and implement the appropriate technology, resources and innovation and to help them develop relevant skills and knowledge. Our objective is to help rural schools leapfrog to the latest “ideas” and improve the quality of education imparted to the students.
Gramonnati Trust is working closely with the Indian Army and Civil Administration in the border districts of Rajouri and Poonch in J&K. In the space of rural education.
Gramonnati Trust is planning to scale up the Vidya Jyoti program to 20 schools in the next one year. We are seeking to hire a Field Project Coordinator to assist the Project Management Team for the following:
- Implement, manage, monitor and evaluate the project.
- Engage closely with the School systematically to administer and guide the project.
- Liaise and rapport with the stakeholders at the school level like principal, teachers and students.
- Follow through with the interventions in the school and report to the Team regularly. The Coordinators will be responsible for 2-3 schools.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Roll out selected programs of Vidya Jyoti for each school.
- Train teachers in each school on usage and application of technology.
- Support schools in implementation of the platforms or technology being brought in.
- Visit schools two times a week to assess performance of the interventions.
- Meet School principal and teachers regularly to understand their needs, challenges and their progress.
- Report on a weekly basis to the Team on the status of the program in each school.
- Monitor, evaluate and document program execution on a monthly basis.
- Maintain proper inventory list for each school.
- Organize digital online classes. (Depends on network connectivity and requirement of school)
- Plan meetings, trainings and workshops.
- Conduct trainings and workshops related to life skills and activity based learning.
- Carry out courses on digital literacy, digital financial literacy and other awareness workshops.
- Volunteer for Ullas Program and facilitate their workshops. (will be explained at the time of joining)
- Conduct school, teacher and student assessments.
- Build a close rapport with teachers and students and do regular follow ups.
- Maintain resource utilisation report at the school level.
- At a later stage, be mentors for each school.
- Meet stakeholders to present Vidya Jyoti Program.
- Assist project management team in expansion of the program to other schools.
- Help each school adopt Vidya Jyoti and benefit from it.
Field Coordinator Requirements
Preferred Education Background:
- Graduate/Post Graduate/B.Ed
- In exceptional cases, 12th pass will be considered.
- Fluent in Hindi and/or proficiency in local dialect.
Preferred Work Experience
- Prior experience in teaching/training and education. Or.
- Prior experience in working in the social sector is a definite plus. Or,
- Prior experience in IT or Project Coordination
Preferred Skill Set
- Good contextual knowledge of local issues, organisational relationships, social and cultural constraints and realities, and environmental conditions.
- Ability to facilitate meetings, trainings and workshops.
- Good communication skills.
- Capability of problem solving.
- Basic knowledge on usage of smartphone, computers, projectors, various applications etc.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office.
- High self motivation and capacity to work in a team.
- Strong willingness to learn, adapt, grow and make a difference.
- Drive to take ownership of the work.
- Organised, responsible, credible and responsible to all situations.
- Ideally the candidate should be from Rajouri &/or Poonch districts.
- Suitable candidates from outside, will only be considered if they are willing to shift near the project location.
- The Field Program Coordinator should be prepared to travel locally.
Renumeration for the Field Project Coordinator will vary from INR 8000/- to INR 12000/- based on his/her quality and competency. Deserving candidate will go through induction training at the time of recruitment.
If interested, please contact:
Mr. Shakoor Ahmad Lone
Mobile Number: 7006356641
Email ID: email@example.com